Warning! - Galactic Bandit Hazard!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Welcome to GBH!
Traveling Plans? EmptyTue May 16, 2017 7:16 am by HuginTheCrow

» Hello Bandits!
Traveling Plans? EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 3:07 pm by Blackleo

» Hello GBH --> are you interested in another ally mate?
Traveling Plans? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:42 pm by vison 1

» Greetings to GBH
Traveling Plans? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 8:24 am by Rfrank

» Membership
Traveling Plans? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 2:04 am by SilverLink

» New HappyDroid Embassy request
Traveling Plans? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:59 am by Iridiot

» Hello GBH Can I get an Embassy
Traveling Plans? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:48 am by bigvinz

» happy easter
Traveling Plans? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:47 pm by chapiHack

» access alliance
Traveling Plans? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 11:11 am by Iridiot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Traveling Plans?

3 posters

Go down

Traveling Plans? Empty Traveling Plans?

Post  Afool Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:08 pm

How goes the trip schedule?
Afool
Afool
El Batidor Beato
El Batidor Beato

Back to top Go down

Traveling Plans? Empty Re: Traveling Plans?

Post  BornAgain Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:12 am

Well, I officially should start on February 18th, that's when my departure eastwards is booked.

However, I am relying on a supernatural intervention by God to cause the U.S. officials in Washington to confirm the waiver, allowing me to enter the U.S., and inform the embassy here in London in half the time quoted, so that there is then enough time left for the visa to be issued before February 18th! The entire process should take >12 weeks, but I only have <9 weeks before I am leaving. Well, the original date for the interview was February 17th - the day before I was leaving! I phoned every day for 3 days, and got a cancellation for last Thursday... ...it's a miracle!... ...they recommended I am allowed a visa... ...it's a miracle!... ...so I just need another... ...I trust you, Lord... Wink

To make it trickier, they have sealed my passport, so that I can't leave the country until the process is complete, so I am entirely dependant on the process being completed in time to even start my travels, let alone get into the U.S. Mad

It's entirely my fault for failing to realise that there was going to be a problem. I'd checked visas for strange places, but hadn't realised that the U.S. counted convictions for ever. The embassy official informed me that the nature of my convictions actually ban me for life from entering the U.S., but because they happened so long ago (>31 years!) that she was quite happy to recommend a waiver for me. Phew! Good job I just happened to include my CRB disclosure (document required in England for offenders to be allowed to teach/work with young people) in with my documents, as I think it went in my favour.

...all good fun! Laughing Laughing

BornAgain
Ratero
Ratero

Back to top Go down

Post  kickinass73 Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:53 am

so what have you done in your past BA ??!?!?!?!?! lol

kickinass73
Ratero
Ratero

Back to top Go down

Post  BornAgain Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:48 pm

I was a long-haired hippy once upon a time, complete with tie-dyed tee shirts, flares, and the obligatory sex and drugs and rock n'roll... Embarassed

Actually, I stayed like that for quite a long time... ...nearly 20 years, in fact... ...maybe not the flares... Laughing

I had a couple of run-ins with plod (Brit nickname for the police), with expensive end results... ...and unexpected long term complications! Surprised

BornAgain
Ratero
Ratero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum